2D Drawing Creation

Corey Cooper

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but is there a way to open up an existing part file, lets say called 12345, make a minor change, lets say the height of a part by .250, do a save as and call it 67890. Now call up the drawing for 12345, save as 67890 and then go into the standard view dialog box, browse for part 67890, use the same views as 12345, click ok, and then do an update all views, and have the drawing update to 67890. Ive tried to do this a couple of ways and I can't get it to work. After I make the changes and nothing happens, I go into the standard view dialog box and the original part (12345) is listed as the file being used. I must be missing something.

The ER has been placed to expose this command in a menu pick somewhere. It currently can not be added to a menu.

Note: to find all of the "hidden" keys like ctrl+shift+L in ironcad, goto the help menu and search for "Function Key Reference". That ctrl+shift+L is listed in there.

In the drawing, go to View/Toolbars in the pulldown menu. Select on the Command Tab. Under Select Category, select Edit. In the Button list, you will find the button for Edit Links. Drag and drop this icon on any toolbar or menu. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Cary