Drawing Crash

djohannesen

Hi all,

Can anyone help advise how to recover a crashed drawing.

I have a drawing, 33 pages, 11mb & it won't open in IronCAD. It failed while performing a save on the last drawing. When trying to reopen it, I just get error messages which when click OK/cancel just reappear.

I need to reboot to start IronCAD again.

I have another drawing, 22 pages, 20mb, no problems.

In explorer I can right click the crashed drawing file & export to pdf to use the existing contents for printing. Unfortunately, I need to update a number of the sheets & with it crashing I can't do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. IronCAD 8 PU2.

Regards,

David

There is an upper limit to the number of sheets you can have in a drawing. We discovered this the hard way - by creating a drawing with too many sheets.

You may want to try opening your drawing file on another machine (one with more memory). If you can get it open, delete some sheets from one end or the other & save as a new name. Then open the original file again & delete sheets from the other end & save as a new name.

We generally don't do much more than 20 sheets per drawing file. The file we learned our lesson on had 45 sheets. Before I saved it the last time, things started going wrong (text not showing up, annotations disappearing, etc.) & performance became really slow. This was a long time ago (IronCAD 6, maybe?), so I don't remember exactly, but it might have crashed on a subsequent save. I do remember that I was able to open it on a machine with sufficient memory, but was only able to delete sheets & save. (It's been a very long time since I've seen an IronCAD drawing file actually become corrupted if it crashes during a save. Usually, when you open the file again, it reflects the previous version - probably, IronCAD is writing to a cache until the save is complete & then replacing the file.)

Guest Wim ten Berge

shut down all the other applications and maeby then it will.

There is also a hotfix for this for ic9.

But there is something with mass or something. Th ironguys know......

regards

Wim