10 Beta

bbuche

Is there any way to have the beta on the same machine as ver9 instead of having a different computer to run it on? I know this is a challange because it wants to change everything over to 10 and you cant go back but if you know to stay away from "live" files..... just wondering

Thanks

B-

How much later? My system has to have vista on it and it would take a week to flatten and put dual boot on it. This has meant that I am paying for an application I cannot use. I updated my license because 10 is supposed to run on Vista.

Edited by qdewolf

One thing that you may want to do is to use Virtual PC´s.

Have XP PRO as "rot" OS.

-Install IronCAD on the Rot PC

-Install WmWare (recommended) or Microsoft Virtual PC.

-Install all other software you are using on that Virtual PC.

When you upgrade in the future, you simply install IC in the rot OS and move the virtual PCs (a couple of big files only) to you new hardware. You can actually be right in a editing of a spreadsheet or email, and you can continue in that edit when moved.

For more information:

http://www.vmware.com/products/server/

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/...pc/default.mspx

-Install WmWare (recommended) or Microsoft Virtual PC.

VirtualBox is another (good and free) one. Beat

• 3 months later...

Hi Kevin,

Is v10 ready for Vista as promised? My clients are complaining that they have to run on virtual PC. But they want to use full Vista functionalities. I've installed on Vista, but IronCAD is no where on the screen when we open it, even though task manager shows that IC10 is running. What's going on? I hope to get the answer soon before Christmas.

TQ in advance.

I dont believe vista is supported until 10.1 they said. Also I think they said the first half of the year on the release. Probably not what you want to hear but soon I hope so I can take advantage of more memory..... whoo hoo

Vista is planned with our Product Update 1 which will be out near the end of Q1. This is due to the upgrades that are needed for vista (Not only install changes). We want to install the latest release of Hoops which has significant improvements on Direct X for Vista. Plus we will have to go through the certification process of Vista.

We plan to release the 64 Bit at the same time.

Thanks

Cary