Runtime Error

Hi,

I keep getting the following error when I try to start IC9.0.

Runtime Error

Program: C:\Program Files\IronCAD\9.0\bin\ironcad.exe

This application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way.

Please contact the applications support team for more information.

I had this when I first installed IC9.0 about six months ago and had to re-install it.

I'm using a Dell XPS Intel 2 core cpu t7400 @ 2.16GHz

2GB of Ram, 143GB hard drive with 122GB Free space.

NVIDIA Geforce Go 7950 GTX Graphics Card

I have'nt Installed anything lately and virus check is ok.

Regards

Danny

Hi Daniel,

I would start by installing the "Product Update 1 Hotfix 1" available in the Subscriber Download section of this site.  If that fails I would re-install IronCAD completely.

17750[/snapback]

The hotfix seems to have worked

Thanks

Danny

Hi Daniel,

I would start by installing the "Product Update 1 Hotfix 1" available in the Subscriber Download section of this site.  If that fails I would re-install IronCAD completely.

17750[/snapback]

Hi Kevin,

I installed the product update and it worked for a day or so.

Now I'm getting the same error message when I try to start IC.

Regards

Danny

Hi Daniel,

Did this error return after the first time you rebooted after installing PU1Hotfix1? I have seen this happen once before and the solution was restoring the PC to the previous Windows configuration before this error started happening.

If that doesn't help, we really need to find out what has changed in those 2 days between the time it started working and the time the error returned. If you can think of any Windows setup changes, different programs running or newly installed, etc. Anything you can think of that has changed on the PC could help.

Hi Daniel,

Did this error return after the first time you rebooted after installing PU1Hotfix1?  I have seenthis happen once before and the solution was restoring the PC to the previous Windows configuration before this error started happening.

If that doesn't help, we really need to find out what has changed in those 2 days between the time it started working and the time the error returned.  If you can think of any Windows setup changes, different programs running or newly installed, etc.  Anything you can think of that has changed on the PC could help.

17776[/snapback]

Hi Kevin,

I installed the hot fix and everything worked ok. I shut down that night and started again the next day. Used IC on an off during the day, no problems. Shut down last night, started again this morning I get the dreaded error.

I dont think windows updated yesterday or today, I havent installed anything lately or changed configurations.

I am running Symantec anti virus and security, Intel Pro Wireless

There is a thing called Machine debug manager running in the background (don't know what this is)

Being a Dell machine you get an awful lot of junk with it (I'm being polite here).

I am thinking about doing a clean install of Windows XP but would rather not if I can help it.

I am assuming that something has corrupted Ironcad.exe. I'm not sure what a runtime error.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Regards

Danny

Danny,

I would start by disabling all unnecessary software from starting at bootup (You can Run: msconfig to turn off programs from starting during reboot).

Then re-install Hotfix1, assuming that gets IronCAD working again, startup each program one at a time (starting IronCAD in between each one) until you find what program is stepping on the ironcad.exe.

If you get all programs running again and IronCAD still works for a while then fails again later, reinstalling Windows is probably the best next step.

Danny,

I would start by disabling all unnecessary software from starting at bootup (You can Run:  msconfig  to turn off programs from starting during reboot).

Then re-install Hotfix1, assuming that gets IronCAD working again, startup each program one at a time (starting IronCAD in between each one) until you find what program is stepping on the ironcad.exe.

If you get all programs running again and IronCAD still works for a while then fails again later, reinstalling Windows is probably the best next step.

17785[/snapback]

Thanks Kevin

I will let you know how it goes.

It might be a while before I get back to you. Because of the 7 hour time difference I'm going home now.

Thanks again

Danny