Swept Curve

Hi,

I'm trying to draw a wall which is curved but also slopes down form right to left.

I can draw the 3d guide curve but I keep getting a twist in the curved section.

It starts off perpendicular to the base but ends up sloping inwards.(see attached).

Also.

How do I keep the base flat.

Do I have to remove the overhang at the base or can I sweep the curve around two guide curves?

Regards

Danny Catlin

roofs_heath_b.ics

The solid Sweep command doesn't have the ability to use 2 guide curves but the Sweep Surface (Surface toolbar) command does. You use it to create each surface of the wall adding them as IntelliShapes of the surface part until it defines a closed volume and converts to a solid. Or you could just create the outside surface and use the Thicken Shape command to thicken it into a solid (right-click at the Face level and slect Create, Thicken Shape).

The solid Sweep command doesn't have the ability to use 2 guide curves but the Sweep Surface (Surface toolbar) command does.  You use it to create each surface of the wall adding them as IntelliShapes of the surface part until it defines a closed volume and converts to a solid.  Or you could just create the outside surface and use the Thicken Shape command to thicken it into a solid (right-click at the Face level and slect Create, Thicken Shape).

17555[/snapback]

Thanks Kevin,

How do I level off the base of the wall.

My 1 day training session didnt cover surfaces, so I'm still learning.

Regards

Danny

Here's what Kevin is talking about. I used Edge Surface to make the outside surface of the wall. It took two steps, because the top curve didn't want to merge correctly. Then I selected the inside faces and used Create>Thicken to finish the wall. (The original surface can be discarded.)

roofs_heath_b_surface_thicken.ics

Thanks Mike.

Daniel,

If you ever want to "level" off a solid part just drop an H Block on the bottom of it. Use the TriBall's right-click Orient to Globel option to align the H Block to the world coordinates. Then you can use the sizebox handles to size up the cut.