Fonts

Daniel Catlin

Hi,

Is it possible to set the default font on a 2d drawing to something other than Ariel.

I find that Ariel doesn't fax to well. 0's, 9's, 3's, 8's and 6's all look the same.

I just find it is time consuming having to go back over a drawing just to change the font.

Regards

Danny

you may want to check what FAX protocoll your fax machine are using.

Maybe you can encrease the resolution.

17296[/snapback]

Hi Robert,

The resolution is quite good on my machine but its the receiving end I think that has the problem. The problem is that if the same drawing is faxed several times the quality deteriorates. I generally try and use email as much as possible but not everyone has a computer on site. I find that if I change the font to something like Verdana it opens the numbers out so they are easier to read.

In AutoCAD you can set your preferences up before you start drawing and use the same set of preferences time and again. I was wondering if you could do the same with IronCAD. If I could set the default font to Verdana I wouldn't have to go back over every drawing to change the font.

Also, If I do an angular dimension, I cant change the precision by right clicking, clicking precision and changing the decimal place. I have to go through the properties menu. I'm just curious as to why I have to do it this way. It works ok with a straight dimension but not with angles.

Regards

Danny

You can set the default font in the Styles & Layers menu. You will need to edit the default Styles for Dimensions, Text and Text with Leader. This can be done and saved in your drawing template but all existing drawings will have to be updated individually.

In the Help Topics, Index, enter "styles". There's a good description of using Styles & Layers there.

The Angle dimension Precision right-click menu bug is known and scheduled to be fixed in 10.0.

You can set the default font in the Styles & Layers menu.  You will need to edit the default Styles for Dimensions, Text and Text with Leader.  This can be done and saved in your drawing template but all existing drawings will have to be updated individually.

In the Help Topics, Index, enter "styles".  There's a good description of using Styles & Layers there.

The Angle dimension Precision right-click menu bug is known and scheduled to be fixed in 10.0.

17299[/snapback]

Thanks Kevin that was exactly what I was looking for

Regards

Danny