Custom Animation For Scene?

tlehnhaeuser

Guest IronKevin

Yes, after dropping the Spin Animation into the Scene Background, edit it's amount of rotation the same way you woul dany Spin animation.

IK

Guest mwalls

Yup, I had this same issue back in July.

http://www.ironcad.com/support/community/i...?showtopic=3956

I sure would like to see a simple one click action to be able to edit a simple degree input. It would make life much easier. Also, there is not much of a feedback on the screen that shows there is a spin animation hooked to it, like it does for a move animation.

Mike

I think the terminilogy was created from a movie director...

Not quite. It just sounds like that. The correct terms, used e.g. for robotics, aeroplanes and (here comes the movie director!) camera control are:

Roll (rotation around x-axis)

Pitch (rotation around y-axis)

Yaw (rotation around z-axis/vertical axis)

"Pan" is usually a linear movement of the camera, parallel to the stage, i.e. up/down and left/right (z- and x-movement), without changing any of the above parameters. "Dolly" would be the missing movement, changing the distance between camera and target (by moving the camera towards or away from the target, y-movement).

Just to have an opinion here, too: I prefer a terminology that says "z-rotation" (for shaking my head), "x-rotation" (for nodding) or "y-translation" (for moving towards/away from s.th.).

Bernd