Directories

bbuche

Does any one know if there is a way to set IronCad that after you save a file in a folder that when you go to link a drawing to your scene it automatically is in that folder allready. I know how to set a start in directory but I have many files in this directory and it would be a lot easier if Ironcad just remembered what folder you were in last.

Any help with this would be great

Thanks.

Brian

Guest IronKevin

Basically All of IronCAD's file access commands remember their own recent folder. For example, if you open a file from FolderA, then Import a file from FolderB, then go to import another file it will look to FolderB. There is no way to change that behavior.

IK

I think he's looking for a way to change the default behavior of the Links dialog (Ctrl/Shift +L), which always goes to the working directory.

It would be useful if that dialog was consistent with the rest of IronCAD & opened in the last accessed folder, instead of always going to the working directory that is set in Tools>Options.

I wonder why it doesn't remember the last directory for me.

I just changed the link for a drawing file to redirect the view to another scene (the Change Source button takes me to the working directory set in Options, not to the directory where I had just opened the scene.) Then I saved the drawing to the same directory as the new scene & did Ctrl/Shift+L again. The Change Source button still takes me to the working directory.

is this possible IronCAD guys?

I wonder why it doesn't remember the last directory for me.

I just changed the link for a drawing file to redirect the view to another scene (the Change Source button takes me to the working directory set in Options, not to the directory where I had just opened the scene.) Then I saved the drawing to the same directory as the new scene & did Ctrl/Shift+L again. The Change Source button still takes me to the working directory.

14890[/snapback]

Guest IronKevin

OK, maybe I'm misunderstanding. Whenever I open a drawing, then enter Ctrl-Shift-L, click Change Source I'm in the folder where I just opened the drawing .icd file from. I don't believe there is anyway to change that behavior. I'm using 9.0.

IK

• 1 month later...

You are understanding it correctly but it doesnt do this for Mike, Brian, myself or anyone else here. It never opens the working folder for us.

We're using 9.0 with the hotfix but it hasn't worked in the 2 years and however many versions we've used in that time.

Can you help us figure out why it doesn't do this behavior for any of our users here?

Guest IronKevin

It might be some Windows setting, I'd be happy to use our Desktop sharing program to investigate your system, just give me a call when you have time, 800-339-7532.

IK