3d Drawing Management

tlehnhaeuser

For those of you that create 3D drawings on your models heres a quickie tip.

Sometimes it gets a little hard to mangement your dimensions and what part/assembly they belong to. In some case, it works great if you simply create a surface shape of the face you want to dimension in 3D and dimension to the surface shape.

This will allow you to actually assign name,properties to the 3D drawing as if it where a part itself. Also you can suppress it an only the 3d drawings you want in the scene can be visible as desired.

Hope this helps.

Tom

3ddwgs.JPG

Yeah Mike,

Got the nudge from a super TriBall, do you know him tongue.gif

Kinda nostalgic for my old SDRC days. I loved the dark blue scheme it had and the icon management system it had...thats about it.

That was one thing I loved about SDRC was its tidy interface and "smart" icons. They were ordered neatly and logically and learned from you in that it would put the icons at the top of the "menu" of the functions you used most often which was cool and maybe something for IC to look at.

tx

tom

• 9 months later...
Dear Tom:

Is there any possibility to get the "IronCAD's Scene Browser" blue like this example... or is achieved to handle its code?

Alfredo... huh.gif

17374[/snapback]

Hi Alfredo,

The color settings were changed through standard windows appearance settings. So feel free to get creative with your color schemes.

Tom

• 5 months later...

biggrin.gif

Hi Tom,

I glanced at this a while back but, just revisisted today and realized how smart this really is. Koodo's to you for finding another great way to use this tool thanks! kjb

For those of you  that create 3D drawings on your models  heres a quickie tip.

Sometimes it gets a little hard to mangement your dimensions and what part/assembly they belong to. In some case, it works great if you simply create a surface shape of the face you want to dimension in 3D and dimension to the surface shape.

This will allow you to actually assign name,properties to the 3D drawing as if it where a part itself. Also you can suppress it an only the 3d drawings you want in the scene can be visible as desired.

Hope this helps.

Tom

post-48-1152211427_thumb.jpg

14798[/snapback]