Best Way To Insert Company Logo On Drawing?

Mike Twining

My company just got purchased, and I am in the process of updating our drawing templates. I have about 100 different new company logo pics (.jpeg, .gif, & .tif formats) that I am trying to get into the template (I just need one image in the template). I would like the logo to be on a locked (template) layer (i.e. the insert object method is out). I seem to be having trouble getting everything to go smooth, so I figured I would ask. My requirements are as follows:

-The aspect ratio of the original image must be maintained.

-The logo must print out on drawings (this has been my problem so far) and appear on exported .pdf's.

-The logo must be "locked" / reside on a locked layer.

So far I have tried the "inset object" method, but I can't lock the image down. I tried drawing a box and throwing the logo in through the fill style, but sometimes they don't print, and you don't have good control over the aspect ratio.

How are you guys (and gals) out there doing it? I need to learn some new tricks. Thanks!

Thanks, but I already went through all the search results (including that, and several other links). The "insert object" method does not appear to allow you to lock-out the image.

I guess a better question would be:

Does anyone know the conditions under which an image inserted via the "Fill Style" method will print on a printer?

I can get a partial image to print sometimes, but I can never get a whole image to print all the time....

...stupid new logo...

I went with the embedded object route instead of the filled box method. After sizing and positioning the logo onto the template, I go to the Interaction tab under Embedded Object Properties and select Fixed Position. Then I go to the Sizebox tab and uncheck all the boxes under Display and uncheck the Permit Resize box.

Well, here is what I have found so far:

Fill Style images print perfectly if there is an existing "Create Object" bmp somewhere on the sheet.

If there is no bitmap object on the sheet, then all bets are off. Sometimes they print, most of the time they don't. (Still working on determining the conditions....)

If you supress an OLE object (specifically an inserted bitmap) on the drawing sheet, that item can not be selected in order to "unsupress" it.