Why Do I Have To...

bbuche

change the my view quality for draft to precise just to edit the curves in the drawing. This is just one step that I hate in this program. I am not trying to render I am not doing any shading I just want to change the color of one line on my drawing.

Sorry for the rant but it is driving me nuts today

Draft Quality is projecting Facet data. So for a circle the curve is made up of multiple lines. This is one issue why. The second is that the projection in this mode does not store the ID information accurately so the assigning styles and layers to a curve could be lost on update easily.

So using the precise mode, the projection curves are the true curve (Arc is an Arc, Circle - Circle, Spline - Spline, etc.). Plus it is using the Kernels ID information which is accurate (more so in Parasolid). So the assigning of properties is allowed and more reliable on update.

Precise is what you want to select on export as well since it give the true curve information to DWG/DXF.

Hope that helps clarify why we do not allow it under the draft currently. BTW: You may want to try the Part Color Setting on the Views if you want all the edges of a single part to show in a particular color.

Cary

Guest IronKevin

You can also setup IronCAD to always make Precise views as default (set under the View Default Settings style).

IK

You can also setup IronCAD to always make Precise views as default (set under the View Default Settings style).

IK

14257[/snapback]

If you do that, I recommend setting your default kernel to parasolid as well. In my experience, the best drawing results come from either ACIS+Draft or Parasolid+Precise.

Edited by Mike Twining

Draft mode seems to produce more accurate (as far as visible/hidden correct/missing) line drawings when the scene parts as set to ACIS as the default kernel. That and the Draft mode seems to load a little faster when you have pretty huge views...

...I don't use it... but I would hate to see options dissapear...

Guest Urban Olars
And sorry to say.

2D shapes are only vissible in draft mode.

I would realy like it to be vissible even in precise mode.

/ Marcus

14271[/snapback]

..and to be able to place dimensions on them I would like to add.

Cary

I had problems about curves at dxf export.

Maybe this was cause it was not in precise mode?

If yes: ER:

Export needs to ask: "do you want exact curve or not"

or better:

Export dxf/dwg needs a switch to precise mode

otherwise this is a trap!

Giving the feeling IC cannot proper export of dxf

Carlo

I can tell you why they are not there now....In Draft, we use the facet which we can pull in 2D and 3D Curves. The Precise is a projection of the real curve. Currently the structure of the 2D and 3D Curve are not really geometry and therefore do not project. We will look at the possible structure change in future releases.

Cary

It would be a useful enhancement to have 2D & 3D curves treated as geometry, so they could be picked to be hidden in the drawing view.

My current workaround is to switch to precise mode in order to hide the 2D shapes. Otherwise, I would have to create a new scene configuration with the 2D shapes suppressed - which becomes a problem if the default config needs to be revised (then it's a chore to hunt through all the configs to see which have been affected.)

Otherwise, I'm not too crazy about the idea of "precise mode all the time." On large models, it takes considerably longer to create the views.

IK

14257[/snapback]

OK Another momentary lapse of reason (Pink Floyd Fans). I came seem to find this option. Can you direct me a little better.

Thanks

Tom

viewdfaults.JPG