IGES Import

Dave Parrish

Anyone know how to import an IGES file from MasterCAM?

Inquiring minds want to know how to do it... all I get is the wireframe of the object. Since its a whole assembly (why anyone in their right mind would design this thing in MasterCAM is beyond me...) and, due to the fact that I am so used to the Wonderful World of 3D Solids (OK, I admit it, I'm spoiled)... it drives me crazy. Sure would like to know the magic combination of settings on the IGES Import dialog box. Or, whatever...

Thanks

Dave Parrish

Parrish Associates, Inc.

Wake Forest, NC 27588-0972

919-556-3952

919-556-3225 Fax

dave@pai-design.com

www.pai-design.com

Dave

I tried a test with simple cube from Master Cam {Created as Solid}

and imported into IC as IGES with default settings and it came in OK.

I use MasterCam to do my CNC programs with But mainly do my design work in IC. What works best for me is Convert the MC solid file to parisolid to import to IC. and same going into MC. I use an earlier version of the parisolid (9) since the later versions have problems going into the version of MC I use on my station.

Is the part(s) in MC lines/arcs or was it created as a solid?

If the part(s) in MC were converted to a solid in MC it is easy to get them out, I do that with my old (pre-IC) parts.

Dallas

Thanks, Dallas... I appreciate your help.

Unfortunately, the MasterCAM version involved is apparently an older one. Customer says he can't export as Parasolids. Its MasterCAM v6.3 or somesuch. Anyway, the customer is now trying to bring the MasterCAM wire frame file into SolidWorks. If that is successful, we are home-free.

If not... sleep.gif