Drawing Settings & More Queries

djohannesen

I have just upgraded to update 2 - never did update 1.

1/ In line type settings, the default settings are too numerous for our purposes.

I want to reduce the number shown, & set the ones I want with my properties. Every time I try to delete a line type, I get a message it is in use. No views have been generated, & no scene files are open.

How do I get to delete & modify the list???

2/ If I generate a view, then highlight it & right click to select properties, style type is listed as Default Style. If I change a line type property, style type is now listed as Default Style*. What is the go with the *?

3/ Sometimes when editing line types, for some reason I get a 2nd line type name occuring with a number suffix. Ex: Use a line type called Standard & modify some of its properties, I then have Standard & Standard(1). Why is this? Happens a lot with V8.0.

4/ Is there a way to print a list of hot key settings?

5/ Can someone explain more clearly the settings for attched file?

Regards,

Davo

post-1036-1144377107_thumb.jpg

1) The Lines you are trying to delete may be used for Sheet Curves on the template or on other sheets. You need to remove those lines and it will delete (or you can reset the sheet curves to a different line type using the reset and then you can delete the old).

2)* means that you are on a override of the style. Meaning that you are still using properties of the original style but you have modified some settings individually on the element. So if you edit the style in the Styles & layers dialog, so properties of the element may not change since you changed it individually.

3)Can you send a reproducible case so that we can see the steps.

4)They are stored in the Registry, so you could save out a registry list there.

5)I'll have to get back to you on this...it will take more time than I have right now to answer. Check the help system on these may be a good start.

Cary

Guest IronKevin

Create facet part (faster but less intelligent).

Facet parts are just a "shell" of the part, they are not solid, that is why they are faster.

When saving parts, also save.

You can turn these options off to create smaller files and save faster. However, the parts will have to regenerate before they can be edited.

When loading part, load BREP

This option will make sure parts are fully loading for editing upon opening the file thus reduce the slight time lag between selecting a part and it being ready for editing. This will slow down the loading of assemblies.

Face Editing

Always apply at part level. Select this option to specify that face editing operations (moving, tapering, matching, etc.) should always be applied at the part editing level.

Always apply at IntelliShape level. Select this option to specify that face editing operations (moving, tapering, matching, etc.) should always be applied at the IntelliShape editing level.

The part level option should minimize the effect DFM has on your shape history, however, the bottom line is if you don't like the combine shapes result of the face edit, switch these modes and try again.

Always convert IntelliShapes, don’t show notification dialog. Select this option to automatically combine IntelliShapes modified by face editing operations without displaying the Face Editing Notification dialog box.

Default IntelliShape Reordering Settings

These options just specify whether newly created parts will have reordering turned on.

Reordering is IronCAD's way of automatically reordering history in cases when doing so would maintain a valid solid for all shapes. For example, if a hole is ordered before the block it's in it would not cut that block. Reordering would set the hole after the block so the cut would be made. Some users have found that this works great on simple machined parts but not always so great for complex cast parts.

IK

...For example, if a hole is ordered before the block it's in it would not cut that block.  Reordering would set the hole after the block so the cut would be made. 

The problem was (is?, I've disabled the feature ever since the option is available) that the automatic re-ordering had a habit of doing exactly the opposite, not always but far too often to be acceptable since this meant that we had to re-machine a part when the "loss" of the H-shape wasn't discovered in time.

Cheers,

Beat