"starting Letter" In Views?

Christian Skytte

Hmm... Before I updated the V8 with PU1 I could change the "Starting Letter" for new Views (Section, Detail aso.).

But now I have been modifying our Template it is starting with "L" and now I can't figure out where to change it back to " " [blank], so the next letter for a NEW view would be an A??

The Properties-box I previously was changing this option in (I think) was containing stuff like View Labels and so...

post-22588-1137486408_thumb.jpg

This is the 1st section view in this NEW drawing and as you can see it starts with L-L as the "Starting Letter"

post-22588-1137496791_thumb.jpg

Where can I change it back??

Could someone PLEASE help me out??

c_skytte

Edited by Christian Skytte

• 7 months later...
Hmm... Before I updated the V8 with PU1 I could change the "Starting Letter" for new Views (Section, Detail aso.).

But now I have been modifying our Template it is starting with "L" and now I can't figure out where to change it back to " " [blank], so the next letter for a NEW view would be an A??

The Properties-box I previously was changing this option in (I think) was containing stuff like View Labels and so...

post-22588-1137486408_thumb.jpg

This is the 1st section view in this NEW drawing and as you can see it starts with L-L as the "Starting Letter"

post-22588-1137496791_thumb.jpg

Where can I change it back??

Could someone PLEASE help me out??

c_skytte

12379[/snapback]

I was just working with sections tonight. If you pick the section view itself, right click and go to properties it will allow you to change the letter.

post-1540-1157266116_thumb.jpg

You can change it after the section is layed out, but this setting is stored at drawing level meaning you should change your .ICD templates.

To do that select "Styles Layers and defaults" in IC drawing envirement.

Then select "Views" in the colum Drawing Elements.

Then select "Default Style" in the Aviable Styles box.

Now the button Modify gets clickable. Click and remove any text in the box "Last used ..."

Save the file As Template.

Test it.

section1.jpg

section2.jpg

Edited by Robert Andersson