add-on properties for custom holes

Corey Cooper

Has anyone else experienced this. You drop a custom hole onto a part, the add-on properties menu pops up, you enter your data for the hole you want, hit enter, and if you right-click the custom hole, go to add-on properties again, there are changes to the values, with me its usaully the tap depth or drill depth.

I've never heard of that one, anyone else?

I supposed if you installed IronCAD into the same folder that a previous version was in that perhaps it's picking up the old tools. The hole tool in the common folder under /program files/innovation suite/ in the file named 3itlh31.dll. Maybe you could copy that file from the CD into the common folder and reregister it. (to reregister a dll, double click on the file, when it asks what program to open it with point it to c:\winnt\system32\regsvr32.exe)

Ok, copied the .dll, reregistered it, restarted the computer, and I still get the same results. The first screenshot (1st) is what I want, i click ok, right-click, while the hole is still highlighted, just to check, go to addon properties and (2nd) is what I see.

index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=49

index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=50

If you need any more info let me know.

post-2654-336-4993.jpg_thumb

post-2654-336-3221.jpg_thumb

Actually, the hole tool is providing some smarts to the values. For example, your hole depth is 25.4 but your Thread depth is 31.75. Since the thread value is greater than that of the actual hole depth, it changes the depth to Hole Extent. However, if your thread depth had been less than that of the hole depth, the value would remain as you set it. For example, if your Thread Depth were set to 22 in the first step, when you open it again it would still be 22 since it is less than the hole depth and you set this specific value. Hope this helps.

Cary