How to create a high resolution picture?

Marcus Svensson

Is there anyone who know how to create a highresolution picture (more than 1280 x 1024 pix with > 300dpi). When i try, the message:

"Unable to export image larger than 1280x1024 in this format. Larger size images may be exported in 24-bit tiff format. ", is shown.

The strange thing is, I am exporting a TIF-image, but I do not understad where to change the resolution to 24-bit. What´s wrong?

On a similar note, I was trying to export a large jpeg but got the same error. So I switched to 24-bit tiff and exported, opened up the tiff in Microsoft Photoeditor and exported it as a jpeg no problem. The file was much smaller with no real noticeable loss in quality. I guess the point I'm trying to make is why can't IC just export the jpeg directly?id='Arial'>

Guest dlalonde

This topic is part of an issue that I've been planning to raise with the Irondudes. My marketing department has been interested in using my Ironcad renderings for brochures, trade show posters, etc., but I've been unsatisfied with large image output. Has anyone out there been generating large renderings from Ironcad, and can you share your secrets?

FYI: Many of those "photo-realistic" renderings you see in trade magazines are models that have been imported into a program that is designed exlusively to create such beautiful images. If you've ever heard of "Renderdrive", which is a basically a box containing PCAs dedicated to rendering, you'd get a kick out of the cost of such a "luxury" - it's staggering. (I think it's in the neighborhood of $10-15,000).

As Chris has mentioned, don't expect "phot-realistic" images.

The Link that Chris provided will make major differences in your export capabilities. IRONCAD and INOVATE are equipped with powerful tools to make very high rendered images. At IronCAD, we use IronCAD to create all the images that we use on our website and in magazine articles. We use other tools for layout and for generating smaller file sizes images from the Tiff images generated from IRONCAD (Ex. Saving as Gif). If you use the tips provided by Chris especially the Light capabilities and the export options like Shadows, Raytracing, and Antialiasing (along with increasing the settings), you can generate images like the one attached or like the home page image. In the example attached, there are two spotlights and one point lights. Both have the Raytraced lights setting turn on. The Image was originally exported at 2936X2000 at 300 DPI as a TIFF.

index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=44

Ultrasound.gif

Ultrasound.gif

Guest Scott Wallis

Thanks Cary. I have produced renderings I am very happy with by trial and error, but the tips Chris gave really clarified some things. Seeing your example and what settings were used is great for reference and gives users a good starting point. There are so many variables in rendering it can be a little frustrating starting from scratch.