Unable to obtain a license :BUG:

Chris Lohman

A problem has been recently discovered that results in IronCAD or Inovate reporting they are unable to obtain a license, even when a valid license has been installed.

The solution is this:

Copy the files named "lsapiw32.dll" and "lservrc" (those are L's) from the common folder under /program files/innovationsuite/ into the IronCAD or Inovate folder (whichever you need) which is also under /program files/innovationsuite/

I think I still have the problem to get the license.

I installed IronCAD 5.0 and Hotfix 2 to my system of Windows 2000, and

then run Activation Wizard to get the license file.

Finally, I get the license file, and then double click the license file.

But I got the message of "IRONCAD license from file C:\down\ICBNUS50-

******.icl already installed."

And then when start IronCAD, I could not get the license and get the

message for trial usage of 30days.

I copied the file of "lsapiw32.dll" and "lservrc" into the folder you adviced,

but no difference at all.

Pls advice us how to cure this problem.

I Think IC should be able to solve the licence problems, without the need to have users who know how to program computers. As well as I am a “ just user “ I hate to have these problems! …I need always tech support from my supporter here, who tells me that just IC makes these problems.

So I hope I will not loose all the time I win with a good CAD, like IC is, with the problems produced by its licence! So if IC is not able to make it proper they better let it be!

The #1 cause of problems like this are related to the user attempting to use a license that was registered on another workstation. Since the hardware keys dont match, the license doesnt work. Each workstation must have it's own license activation key generated. If you need me to regen a new key just send me an email at techsupport@ironcad.com with your serial # and hardware ID's and I can do so.

I have seen licenses fail to register like this and emptying the lserverc file has helped. In /program files/innovationsuite/common the file named lserverc contains the actual license file. Some times deleting the contents of this file, then re-executing the license activation file will clear the problem out.

Other than those two items and the issue in my original post in this thread I haven't experienced any other licensing problems. If those don't help then deeper investigation would be required.