2d Pdf Viewer

kbushnell

blink.gif

AFTER A COUPLE OF E-MAILS BACK AND FORTH FROM IRONCAD, I FIND I AM STILL IN A DITHER OVER THE INTENDED USE OF THE 2D VIEWER OFFERED ON THE IRONCAD WEBSITE. IF I HAVE TO EXPORT AN ADDITIONAL .PDF COPY FROM AN .ICD FILE THEN THAT DEFEATS THE PROCESS CONTROL WE ARE TRYING TO ACHIEVE (REV. CONTROLS) I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION IT WAS , SAY, LIKE A PLUG IN? IS THAT WHAT IT DOES? LIKE THE 3D WHERE IT EMBEDS THE ACIS INFO REQUIRED TO VIEW IT OUTSIDE OF IRONCAD BY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.

SO DOES IT EMBED THE REQUIRED .PDF INFO SO THIRD PARTY CAN VIEW IT? AND IF SO HOW DO I GET IT TO WORK PLEASE!

This is my understanding of the 2D Viewer:

For any Non-IronCAD user to view native IronCAD drawings they need this 2D Viewer and Adobe Reader (both free).

Once installed you can view .ICD drawings from Windows Explorer by right clicking and selecting "View .icd. What it does is create a temporary pdf and is opened in Adobe Reader automatically. The view also allows you to export PDF if needed as well.

2dview.jpg

The major benefit is the burden of the designer or engineering are relieved from having to constantly export ICD's to PDF's which could be excessive in some cases. This way anyone with access to the native IronCAD files can simply view at will.

Hope this helps

Tom

The 2DPDF Viewer is intended to be installed on a computer without IronCAD. Users can open IronCAD 7.0 or later versions of IronCAD Drawing Files (.icd). The user does not need a PDF (The PDF information is automatically stored in the IronCAD Drawing File). So once the viewer is installed, a user simply right-clicks on the .icd and selects view name.icd. Machines that have IronCAD installed already have the viewer installed (simply right-click to get the options). Note: each machine will need to have the free Adobe Reader 7.0. Hope this helps.

Cary

thank you very much, I can't wait to try it first thing in the morning. it appears I overlooked the version level capability. So I will save as ver. 7.0 and see how it goes! laugh.gif

This is my understanding of the 2D Viewer:

For any Non-IronCAD user to view native IronCAD drawings they need this 2D Viewer and Adobe Reader (both free).

Once installed you can view .ICD drawings from Windows Explorer by right clicking and selecting "View .icd. What it does is create a temporary  pdf and is opened in Adobe Reader automatically. The view also allows you to export PDF if needed as well.

2dview.jpg

The major benefit is the burden of the designer or engineering are relieved from having to constantly export ICD's to PDF's which could be excessive in some cases. This way anyone with access to the native IronCAD files can simply view at will.

Hope this helps

Tom

10324[/snapback]

Thank you and everyone else who answered so quickly! I will give it a shot.[

quote=Cary OConnor,Jun 22 2005, 09:50 PM]

The 2DPDF Viewer is intended to be installed on a computer without IronCAD. Users can open IronCAD 7.0 or later versions of IronCAD Drawing Files (.icd). The user does not need a PDF (The PDF information is automatically stored in the IronCAD Drawing File). So once the viewer is installed, a user simply right-clicks on the .icd and selects view name.icd. Machines that have IronCAD installed already have the viewer installed (simply right-click to get the options). Note: each machine will need to have the free Adobe Reader 7.0. Hope this helps.

Cary

10325[/snapback]