Rendering Question

tlehnhaeuser

Attached is an image of rendering I'm trying to accomplish. I have one small question, Does anyone know how to stop the reflection on a part that has a reflective surface?

The problem is there is pinstripes on the reflective can that can lost when the tabletop reflects into it.

Any help is appreciated.

Tom

Coastertest.jpg

Edited by tlehnhaeuser

Cant you change the tablecloth?

-If the cloth is of uniform colour, you should have more detail of the stripes. You can even experiment with different collors.

-If you change the cloth to finer stitch which might also help.

The picture would look unnaturally without the reflection of the cloth. I am not sure wether that is acceptable.

Kelly

Hi Kevin,

Theres no need to send the file. Its not super important and as Kelly states, I could ply with the table image more.

Hey Rick, I'm really a Mets fan and believe or not (close your ears fllow new yorkers) I was really routing for the Sox over the Yankees. I was a yankees fan in the Mid Seventies with Munson, Mercer, etc... But not anymore. I still think players should play of the love not the money. But I'm just old-fashion (ooops..old school, ha ha). Anyway, look whos talking, I took this projetc for the money!

Tom

I have been playing around with some "Artistic" CAD programs and the rendering features are pretty cool. They have "Flares", Lenses, etc.. a lot of cool tricks in the rendering to achieve very relasitic photos.

IC hasn;t made any new ERS in rendering for quite some time. I know its the squeaky wheel gets the oil, but it may be time to add a fews enahancements in the rendering side. I especillay like the "flare" where it allows you to add various flare attributes to a light that give the appearnce of "bouncing" light. If I get a chance I tryo to post an exapmle.

Thanks

Tom

I have been playing around with some "Artistic" CAD programs and the rendering features are pretty cool. They have "Flares", Lenses, etc.. a lot of cool tricks in the rendering to achieve very relasitic photos.

IC hasn;t made any new ERS in rendering for quite some time. I know its the squeaky wheel gets the oil, but it may be time to add a fews enahancements in the rendering side. I especillay like the "flare" where it allows you to add various flare attributes to a light that give the appearnce of "bouncing" light. If I get a chance I tryo to post an exapmle.

Thanks

Tom

8275[/snapback]

Amen!!

IronCAD may be hutrting itself more that they realize by neglecting the rendering side of their products. When all is said and done it is often the dynamite presentation that sells the concept and who knows how many product designers walk away when they read about IC's rendering capabilities... More's the pity because IC is otherwise GREAT for intuitive creative design process preferred by artists and product designers.

Mark

Mark,

I do have to say that when it comes to MCAD rendering abilities IronCAD I believe is at the top. My thought was by adding a few little rendering tricks with Flares, etc... that would secure IronCAD at the top of MCAD rendering.

I still can generate some amazing renderings in IC better than some can do on an "artisitc" program. I guess it also has to do with a skill-level too.

Mark,

I do have to say that when it comes to MCAD rendering abilities IronCAD I believe is at the top. My thought was by adding a few little rendering tricks with Flares, etc... that would secure IronCAD at the top of MCAD rendering.

I still can generate some amazing renderings in IC better than some can do on an "artisitc" program. I guess it also has to do with a skill-level too.

8288[/snapback]

Tom,

You're probably right but the fact that IC is good leaves me hungry for more - like radiosity, for instance. Or the ability to control the mapping of the reflected image. And a bunch of other things I can't think of right now because it's late...

There are some amazing things that 3ds Max or LightWave can do - and I just mean realism not just goofy special effects. It's never good to rest on one's laurels...

Mark

A friend of me works with Final Render which must be unbelieveible!

http://www.finalrender.com/

unfortunately it is just for 3d max and new for maya

He made some Renderings for me some time ago:

http://www.cbindustries.ch/html/jules.html

8341[/snapback]

Carlo,

I love your art and the presentations - thanks for sharing. The renderings are indeed superb - this is the kind of quality artists and designers need.

It would be great if IC could approach Final Render and ask them to integrate their rendering software into IC under license. I for one would certainly pay a few hundred bucks extra for that. IC could market this new integrated version of IC as a new IC Designer package... for those who need and appreciate those capabilities. And that would distance IC even further away from the pack.

Mark

I completely agree that IC needs to do something with the current rendering engine. It has not been upgraded since Trispectives (and is really showing its age).

The other new rendering engine that I would like to see IC create a port to is Brazil.

http://www.splutterfish.com/sf/sf_gen_page...ries/components

Brazil also supports bucket rendering over a network (like finalRender), HDRI, globle illumination, DOF, area shadows, etc, etc, etc, and appears to render very fast. I would be more then willing to support the $900-$1200 cost of this software. Please, IC create a bridge to either Brazil or finalRender. Don't reinvent the render engine "wheel".

At least Rhino has announced support for Brazil.

http://www.splutterfish.com/sf/sf_gen_page...Fish_and_McNeel

With the IC/Rhino bridge, we could quickly export the models to Rhino and render inside Rhino. This will probably become my future workflow if the IC renderer does not improve.

Thanks Mark

Here is his adress: http://www.3d-artist.ch/

There are some more nice samples.

He thinks final render is the best. I do not know that.

They had a sample with a Mercedes with Frosty-cristals which really looked realistic.

When we speak of Rhino:

They have Flaminco (Renderer) and Penguin (sketch renderer)

I bought both.... but had not the time to get in! Grrrr... blush.gif

But I guess they are not too far.

Splutterfish looks impressiv too!

Anyway here my criterions of choosing a Renderer:

1. Quantity of realism & sketch tools & Quality of Renderings

2. Easy of use!!!!

3. Speed

4. Preview cutting picture

I would like to have a top quality Renderer in Iron Cad

If IC makes a good choice I will buy it extra

Around 1000$ would be OK to me

Edited by cborer

After a short inquiry to my Render friend:

He told me that:

http://www.vrayrender.com/ ....easy in use!

http://www.splutterfish.com/sf/sf_gen_page...ries/components .....slow!

http://www.finalrender.com/

are about equal in quality and the 3 top leading Renderers

just sputterfish seems to be much slower

Edited by cborer

I am going to take a look at the renderers Carlo suggested (and thanks for the suggestions!) and I agree with him that having a high quality renderer integrated inside of IC would be best, especially if it is set up in the usual simple and easy to use IC-style manner.

If anyone else thinks having a great renderer is important please voice your support smile.gif

Mark

• 2 months later...

Thanks

Tom

8275[/snapback]

Ever since IC2 we have been using AutoCad LT as a finishing tool, because we felt some drafting features were missing in IC. The same goes for rendering; ever since IC2 we have been using 3DS Max (then 3D Studio Max) for rendering of stills and animations featuring designs made in IC. And from this experience I would recommend anybody to considder exploiting the marvelous possibilities of exchanging files with other apps in other formats that IC offers, that makes the use of dedicated software for the job at hand possible.

This will make an enormous wealth of possibilities available on a short notice. I expect a considerable amount of water under the bridge before the IC renderer will offer things like sub-surface scattering - that produces great plastics renderings - or procedural texture mapping.

Regards,

Jaap