Deleting a structured IntelliShape anchor point constraint?

I have tried to move a IntelliShape that is attached to another IntelliShapes anchor point with no avail.

It will work with Innovative parts and I can pull them apart.

If I do not like where the IntelliShape was originally placed, what other option is there other than

deleting the top IntelliShape and starting all over. Is there some hidden constraint I can delete?

Is there no list of constraints of what each constraint is connected to like Catia and if not why?

In Catia you can reconnect any broken constraints/points/sketch projections in the tree and find it very helpful I decide

to change features and or parts in a multi-body part or assembly.

Thanks,

2024-03-12 00-50-24.mkv Ryan Simmons

Structured parts have an implied constraint when dropping on center points, vertices, and faces. This constraint is added at the sketch level as the typical design approach with Structured is sketches. For your Intellishape, find it in the scene browser and expand the node. Right-click on the sketch below the feature and edit the position. This will show what constraint was added. 

image.png

image.png

Note at the bottom of the sketch position browser, there is a Fix to Reference. If you deselect that, it will disconnect that constraint to allow you to reposition it. When you drop it on a face, it will connect to the face, but you can move it anywhere on the face. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the help. I could not find any information about this. Hard to believe I could not figure this out.

I hope they add some sort of Icon on the model that one can click onto to delete or edit in the future. Most CAD software

now days does show an icon for constraints.