IronCAD 2024 - Default Custom Properties Not Persisting Between Instances

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble with my Default Custom Properties in the latest patch of IC 2024.  For our BoMs we have a few custom properties that pull automatically into them and are set at the part level.  It's been a while since I've tinkered with setting these up, but every time I close the instance of IronCAD, it wipes my added custom properties from the Default Custom Properties list in the Options menu.  

I'm likely missing something completely obvious, but was hoping to get some additional insight on here.  Thanks!

- Sam

Edited by SHORNBRO
  • Like 1

Maybe it is your user access level? Try running IronCAD as Administrator (Right-click on the icon and select run as administrator). Change the properties and restart to see if they are now saved. If they are saved, then it may be a user access level permission that you may need to change on your system. 

The Custom Property template should store here:
C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\IronCAD\IRONCAD\26.0\en-us\PropertyTemplates\NewTemplates

You will need Full Control permission in that location.

Cary,

I might have solved the problem, inadvertently.  I had installed the 2024 Service Pack #1 Full Installation (had not previously installed IC 2024 yet).  After this issue, I uninstalled and installed the original lease, and then installed the Service Pack #1 patch.  It seems to now remember my added custom properties across various instances.

- Sam