Etching

Sharath

Hi all 

Does anyone know why the etched markings disappear when I unfold the sheet metal? Here, I've attached two pictures: the first one shows the company name that was etched, but when unfolded, it disappears. It was working fine on the old version of IronCAD. Are there any settings I can change or is this an error?

Thanks

Etch problem.JPG

Etch problem ..JPG

Edited by Sharath

• Sharath changed the title to Etching

I don't believe we support shapes that do not fully cut the sheet metal part (like in this case that is etched or engraved partially). A simple cylinder will have the same issue if it is not cutting entirely. Now, you can do three things:

1. You can add the feature in the unfold manually. 

2. Create a positive part feature of the logo. Place it on the Sheet metal folded in the correct location with the depth you want. Use the Cut Sheet Metal operation (select the sheet metal and then the positive part feature). This creates a different shape that the sheet metal will handle on unfold.

3. Not a good method now (since we don't allow select all). use the sketch bend and create a cross break or cut line of the sketch. Currently, you have to pick curve by curve so not recommended.