Need to cross over a bend line

Aleman15

Hello! & Thanks in advance. This might be one of those questions with a simple answer but I'm probably over looking something simple.

I have a project I am working on where I need to cross over some bend lines but I just cant seem to get it right. Both bend lines on the left need to fold up 90° as well as the centerline. Does anyone know of a way to achieve this? I thought the miter tool would help but I am having no luck with it.

IRONCAD 2024 - [Scene1_] 1_30_2024 9_37_16 AM.png

1 hour ago, Cary OConnor said:

If I understand you correctly, I don't think we support that. You are wanting to create something like a tube and bend the tube (which was made up of bends).

Kind of. Its supposed to be a type of handle. we figured an angle cut into the two sections that would touch once the bend down the middle happened but of course wanted to model it before we did any attempts. Thank you for reaching back so quickly! Since we're already on the topic of bend lines, I have another sheet metal design that we cant seem to figure out either. On this one, the top line goes up 90° the bottom line goes down 90° as well as the two middle lines. It ends up forming an open ended box with a mounting flange on the back and tabs on the front. I can only seem to get either both the top and bottom bends or the sides.

IRONCAD 2024 - [Scene17_] 1_30_2024 11_53_46 AM.png

Aleman, for the first one you are attempting to make, if I understand you correctly, you want to have a cut along the horizontal bend line to separate the top and bottom halves of the vertical bends. It is my understanding that this will work just fine if you model it like you would make it, ie cut the notch before you bend it horizontally. If you want to model to work out what the notch should look like, you can not model a V at first, just a break between the different sides of the bend and remove the overlapping material later.

I attached a couple images of what I recreated from your post. I made it from bend and stock parts, base stock in top right and then built out from there.

Andrew

fold 1.PNG

fold 2.PNG

Aspeer, how were you able to get the middle bend done? I have spent countless hours attempting to recreate what you did but I am having no luck. Below I have attached some references to better show what I'm having problems with. Cary, I did find a post from a couple years that shows what I am attempting to make with that second piece. If you remember, how were you able to set up the sheet metal stock to use the miter tool? I'm having issues where every time I attempt to use the miter I receive an error message asking to select the bend shape, even though I am attempting to. this happens every time. I apologize in advance for the mess of attached files and the confusion in my questions.

vertcal bend.png

bend reliefs.png

Aleman, I edited the image I posted above with the steps I took, but simply said I added each section one by one, rather than adding a section and then trying to bend it. The bends were dragged from the catalogue.

fold 1 text.png