CAXA - Can I edit the automatic value of Dimdistance?

Bertrand Kim

Hi yall,

Can I edit it?

Thanks

Kim

Hi Kim,

When you select the "Automatic" option of the "Distance Between Dimensions" tool, then CAXA will set a distance of 3 times the text height of the dimension. So, if the text height is 2.5mm it will set a distance of 7.5mm. I'm not aware of any way to change this "3 times" factor used by "Automatic". If you want a smaller distance (such as 2 x the text height) then you need to select the "Manual" option and then set the desired distance (such as 5mm). See the attached video.

Malcolm

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Malcolm Crowe said:

Hi Kim,

When you select the "Automatic" option of the "Distance Between Dimensions" tool, then CAXA will set a distance of 3 times the text height of the dimension. So, if the text height is 2.5mm it will set a distance of 7.5mm. I'm not aware of any way to change this "3 times" factor used by "Automatic". If you want a smaller distance (such as 2 x the text height) then you need to select the "Manual" option and then set the desired distance (such as 5mm). See the attached video.

Malcolm

TY Malcolm! It was a great explanation again!

I'm lazy and didn't learn math,\ so it would be nice to have the option for "autoMATic"!

Kim