How do I change line lengths in CAXA Draft?

tgjang

I've looked up modify length and don't see it, and I've tried using stretch, but that doesn't seem to do what I want. If anyone knows anything about this, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

caxa_line_length.png

Hi tgjang.

In the attached video I demonstrate the 3 methods that I'm aware of.

1. Stretch Handles (Triangle):  Note the settings within "Options" regarding Relative and Absolute. Also ensure that "Dynamic Input" (bottom right) is turned off.

2. Stretch Command:  Use the "Single Select" option in the bottom left corner.

3. Dimension Drive: Temporarily enables you to drive geometry using the associated dimensions.

Malcolm

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you very much. Malcolm

I tried asking questions on Bing Chat and Chat GPT to find out how to change the line length in CAXA Draft, but I couldn't figure it out.
I had no idea that CAXA Draft had a handy feature.
I couldn't find any documentation on this feature, so thanks for your clear answer, Malcolm. 
After playing around with CAXA Draft a bit, I find it much more workable than AutoCAD without Lisp.  :D

P.S

I asked Bing Chat a few questions about CAXA Draft and it told me that it is the oldest AutoCAD compatible 2D Drafting system in China, has about 300,000 users in China alone, and is convenient for industry.
Then I ask ZWCAD a question, and it tells me that it has about 900,000 users worldwide, that it scales very quickly, and that it supports AutoLisp.