Mitre of seperate units

RCERVA

Hi.  Hope you well.  I've made a electrical panel with Ironcad and using the mitre option.  When I send it to my laser cutter in unfold format all good.  But we want to split the tp and bottom section from the centre part.   Does not work so good.  So I've made new scene with centre piece and seperate parts for the top and bottom pieces.  When I put all together the front s not mitred as we want it.  Is there any way that when we put centre and top or bottom piece together the software can mitre the bits needed as per mitre command.

600x400x300 panel.ics

OK, here's how I would normally do it. Because you can't mitre individual sheets, you have to know how to manipulate the bend reliefs. Once you get your head around that then it becomes relatively easy to set up a mitred feature. 

So here's a video, sorry it's a bit jerky and I made some blues ( like not positioning the end bends properly at the start ) but you get the picture.

To make a mitred box like this, it would take me about 5 minutes tops ( without interruptions ). I never use out or in bends - I just make my own calcs and use smooth bends.

Note that to change width of ends, the mitered top bends will not follow the stock width change BUT it's just a matter of setting that underneath bend length to suit once that's done.

Enjoy

600x400x300 mitred box.ics

Mitred box instructions.txt

Edited by HDEAR