Dashed line in 3d Scene

Eds

Aside from using ICMech, are there any ways to create a sizebox-resizable dashed line in the 3d scene, in the style of exploded view lines?

I have tried using a 2d sketch to create the dashed lines, which worked fine but the length can't be adjusted without editing the sketch directly. 3d curve doesn't seem to have an option to view it as dashed lines. Any ideas?

I do this within ICD (IC drawing environment). It sees the 3D sketch lines as a part so you can convert the entire line type of that "Part" to create the desired dotted, hashed, or whatever other type of lines you want. Right click the view. edit line styles and curves, select, change line type. Sorry the video has several mis-clicks, It's early here and I just got moving for the day.

Edited by SSIMMONS
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Eds said:

Thanks SSIMMONS, is this only available in 2023? I'm still on 2022 and could select the 3d line by itself.

This has been a feature in every version since at least 2017 (this is the first version I started on). It should work exactly as seen in the video on IC2022. Here is a video of me doing it in IC 2022, hope this helps.

Edited by SSIMMONS