SmartMotion

arfa

Hello Ironcad Community,

I have a little problem that when I turn on smartmotion, the alignment on my part is a bit confused.

And when I run the simulation to my top base only, some parts follow and some don't.

And after I delete all the constraints, the result remains the same, do I need to change the correct anchor position each parts maybe?

Anyone here who knows how to operate smartmotion please guide me the right way.

Thank you ,

robotanimation.ics

Hg armfa,

Turn off [Rotation About Anchor] in the Motion's property, and make some constraints to follow the rotating.

And I'm guessing for some reasons something is weird with your file.

robotanimation2.ics

Kfm

15 hours ago, Bertrand Kim said:

Hg armfa,

Turn off [Rotation About Anchor] in the Motion's property, and make some constraints to follow the rotating.

And I'm guessing for some reasons something is weird with your file.

robotanimation2.ics 1.48 MB · 0 downloads

Kfm

Hello Kim ,

Thank you for giving me a useful solution and it worked after I followed your method.
But when I add another new animation, the other part does not follow the first animation even though I have done some constraints(parallel).

robotanimation.ics

9 hours ago, Cary OConnor said:

Seems like this may be fixed with some of our latest DLL's. We will be releasing a SP1 shortly.  Also your smart assembly will need some constraint last part for alignment between that fork. Otherwise it will float. 

Thanks for the advice @Cary OConnor

1 hour ago, arfa said:

But when I add another new animation, the other part does not follow the first animation even though I have done some constraints(parallel).

Hi arfa,

I can't find any error with your file, so it is weird why that is not work.

Kim

Hi IronCAD dudes, is this a bug or are we doing something wrong?

I took a look at the file. Currently, the animation will not fully handle all constraints. Constraints can sometime break the animation in other words. In your case, I think it is the second animation (on the wrist). It you remove that animation, it will function for the first part. For this animation, if we understand the end goal, we can help suggest how to get it to resolve the correct animation (without the constraints or with just a few and using assemblies to group objects). For example, if you remove all the constraints, you could make an assembly of all the arms. Then constrain that assembly to the spinning base. Then group the wrist and clamp at the end as an assembly and apply a spin on that assembly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cary OConnor said:

I took a look at the file. Currently, the animation will not fully handle all constraints. Constraints can sometime break the animation in other words. In your case, I think it is the second animation (on the wrist). It you remove that animation, it will function for the first part. For this animation, if we understand the end goal, we can help suggest how to get it to resolve the correct animation (without the constraints or with just a few and using assemblies to group objects). For example, if you remove all the constraints, you could make an assembly of all the arms. Then constrain that assembly to the spinning base. Then group the wrist and clamp at the end as an assembly and apply a spin on that assembly.

Hi @Cary OConnor ,

My goal is to simulate this robot moving to take a orange part from one point and bring it to another point,
In other words it is using the concept of "pick and place".
pickandplace2.thumb.png.8c8af099aa2e6b0e6f2b49ecf59b82c0.png

* The picture below is an example to show how the robot takes it using mechanism mode

pickandplace1.thumb.png.c17c65b824507bf928113e1c2f44211f.png

I will try to understand the example you gave,

By the way, can you give the best way to do this kind of simulation?

Thank you.

PickAndPlace.ics

Edited by arfa

Hi arfa,

Have you ever tried thjis method what Cary said?

image.thumb.png.91d154b726139cffd37a02f9808dede4.png

Assembly in Assembly in Assembly in Assembly... I can not use my license now so I can't test it.

Kim