How to export Caxa Poly to Ironcad for Extrusion

RobH2

I may be thinking about this from the wrong direction coming for primarily a 3ds Max background but a client sent me DXF files, that I've converted and opened in Caxa. I want to grab a few closed splines, copy them to Ironcad and extrude them. 

I can't find any info about doing that on Google, Youtube or in the nearly 400 page Caxa manual. The Caxa manual has lots of good info but it's not good for finding what you need of you don't know what to look for. For instance, if I search 'Extrude' in Caxa's manual, no hits. I've searched other terms and can't find anyhting pertaining to getting a spline into Ironcad so I can extrude it. 

There is a lot of info on getting 3d models to drawings, but none on going the other direction. Is it possible?

Well, I tried that and no go. It was my first intuition. I'll work on that some more. 

Thanks Kevin, like you say, I have to start a new sketch in the plane I want. Then it will 'Paste.' I was just trying to paste into the 3d window, like I do in 3ds Max. 

Thanks for helping me figure out what I should have been able to in the first place...lol... But, maybe this will help someone else. 

• Like 1