Shrink wrap options greyed out...

WPONG

I've watched the IronCAD Academ video on shrinkwrap, and I'm testing options for my needs. (IC2023)

1. For some reason some of the options are greyed out (“combine into one part,” and “create shell”).  is there something I need to do differently to enable those features?  (ref: The scene below has 3 individual parts, one of them a step file (the positive slot); note the greyed out features).
  2. image.png.47a4b03e757fe3c9a70e13c76bc47d06.png
  3. I work a lot with step files of PCB's from our electrical team and design parts that must variously clear or interact with the pcb's at the component level.  this is whence my interest in shrink wrap -- interacting with the large step files can be slow/burdensome.  So a couple sub-questions come from this

3a. When i save scenes involving the PCB's, I notice that there is a *lot* of "regenerating" and "faceting" that goes on (minutes-worth, go-get-coffee-worth), and I believe it is associated with the PCB's, even if they are suppressed.  Is this inevitable, or is there a way to avoid such regens / faceting?  Maybe obvious?  I haven't played too much with settings yet, and I'm hoping someone else might save me a lot of tinkering (even if with the sad news that there is no way around this).

3b. I'd welcome any recommendations for efficiently shrink-wrapping or simplifying PCB's.  Often, my interest is to obtain an "external-envelope" (not just a convex hull, but a behavior akin to actual shrink-wrap, which follows down into the nooks and crannies between parts)

--Will

I wonder...  perhaps related topic (and worthy of another thread, I think)

I recently transferred over my keyboard shortcuts/hotkeys using the method you've mentioned (copied over my v24 customization .xml  files into my v25 customization folder and then search-and-replaced  the version-number-in-2-places").  However, I have *not* yet back-updated the v24 .xml files with all of the new text in the v25 .xml files..  It was not obvious to me how to do this easily, since (as far as the "meld" diff utility could tell, anyway) .xml files are all a single line and therefore not easily diff'd and updated...

Not sure if that babble was intelligible... bottom line is that I'm running with my v25 IronCAD with my v24 customization files.

--Will

Edited by WPONG

I'm not seeing the issue in your file either, the keyboard shortcuts shouldn't matter but let's reset your generela UI:

1. Close IronCAD
2. Go to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\IronCAD\IRONCAD\25.0\en-us\Customization
3. Delete the XML files there.
4. Retry IronCAD.