More problems with pattern in structured mode

HDEAR

Carrying on from the previous structured part pattern problems, when I place my second wall cut-out pattern in the opposite direction, the 'up to surface' feature of the sidewall cutout is ignored and an error message occurs.

Double wall tray.ics

Edited by HDEAR

I'm seeing the same problem in IC2023 regarding Feature Patterns where the original Feature is "Extruding to Surface". The first feature in the pattern is correct, but from the second onwards it's incorrect. Attached is a simplified model in which I have duplicated the problem in IC2023. I've tried using both the Edge Pattern and Linear Pattern, with both giving the same incorrect result. So, this is another issue within IC2023 regarding the Pattern Feature tool; yet I'm not aware of any changes being made to it, that could have contributed to these issues.

@IronKevin please raise a bug report for this also.

Malcolm

Structured Parts - Pattern Feature - Extrude to Surface Problem.ics

In the attached video I've added a "Surface" to the model, and then within the Extrude Feature Properties I've referenced that added "Surface" instead of the "Face" of the Body. The Feature Pattern then works correctly. So, the problem with Pattern Features in IC2023 seems to be regarding referencing "Faces" (which wasn't a problem previously).

Malcolm

Structured Parts - Pattern Feature - Extrude to Surface Problem 2.ics

Hi Harley,

Have a look at the attached images regarding "Lock Length of Projection Line After Creating Projection Constraint". There used to be a bug relating to this constraint, so in earlier versions (such as 2021) I used to have this option turned off. This constraint disables the "Extend" tool. The lock created by this constraint is simply broken by dragging the end of the line.

Malcolm

2D Sketch - Extending Projected Lines - Right Click - Constraint.png

2D Sketch - Extending Projected Lines - Constraints - Lock Length.png

Edited by Malcolm Crowe