Pattern feature in structured part giving grief

HDEAR

Hi all,

I'm following a video lesson of Malcolm's for the structured part Tray - session 2.

The pattern feature is giving me some grief. It seems to be adding an extra pattern to the outside of the fill area and gives me an error when I click OK.

I'm doing something wrong but can't figure out what it is.

Any clues anybody?

Harley

image.thumb.png.15ab66fb7333a8fd255476a2ad797e3b.png

image.png.11c2fbc039817fd6f7560869950a1273.png

Double wall tray.ics

Hi Harley,

I don't see any problem with what you have constructed in your model. This appears to be a bug in IC2023. In the attached video my original file works correctly, until I regenerate it, and update it to the current version (2023). Then this original file also displays the same problem that you are seeing in your model.

@IronKevin please log this as a bug. I've also attached my original file, so that you can compare before and after regenerating.

Malcolm

DOUBLE WALL TRAY.ics

Thanks Malcolm,

I thought for a minute that when I constructed the original tray to make the STP file that having the Constraint for Features enabled, that's what caused the problem.

image.png.c1e9e077d79725e029181eff77d80dde.png

image.thumb.png.a441650e63af63a3ae30d0ed95e30323.png

However when I killed these dimensions and re-created the STP, it made no difference.

You'll find that when you get to the step in your video where you modify the extrude cut to an outside cut - the system freezes as soon as you hit Edit Features, and you cannot go any further. Even with the cut extrusion having and inside and outside boundary, Edit features freezes.

MAJOR bug I'd say! Darn - I was wanting to finish this project.

image.thumb.png.209fd32611b17115060e956a8ce8c0b7.png

Edited by HDEAR

Actually, the spinning wheel of death finally goes away and you can edit the feature, so it's no longer freezing. Still, there's something not right caused by that Pattern feature failure

@IronKevin Thanks for logging the bug. Much appreciated.

Harley