Could I edit CAXA's default layers?

Bertrand Kim

Hi folks,

When you run New CAXA draft(Blank), the CAXA default layers might look like below.

image.png.714b0738846a31aa9aed191606ddaf38.png

image.png.c8027c1bb5a8344df50bd8e92cc0c8f3.png

Could I edit or adding custom layers to this list?

There's a reason why I need to do this, and I'll tell you if you need to know.

Kim

Hi Kim,

You can't delete these 8 System Layers (as they are needed for Generating Views), but you can rename them to whatever you like. For example, CAXA's "Hidden Layer" doesn't related to Hidden Lines, but rather to objects that you don't want to print. Hidden Lines (within Generated Views) use CAXA's "Dash Layer".

The attached document shows the layer names that we use for these 8 System Layers. However, we actually use a lot more layers than these basic 8. For example, we have separate Annotation Layers (and colours) based on Text Height, so that we can instantly identify different Text Heights throughout our drawings.

Malcolm

IRONCAD DRAFT - System Layers - 20231204.pdf

Edited by Malcolm Crowe
Attachment updated.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Malcolm Crowe said:

Hi Kim,

You can't delete these 8 System Layers (as they are needed for Generating Views), but you can rename them to whatever you like. For example, CAXA's "Hidden Layer" doesn't related to Hidden Lines, but rather to objects that you don't want to print. Hidden Lines (within Generated Views) use CAXA's "Dash Layer".

The attached document shows the layer names that we use for these 8 System Layers. However, we actually use a lot more layers than these basic 8. For example, we have separate Annotation Layers (and colours) based on Text Height, so that we can instantly identify different Text Heights throughout our drawings.

Malcolm

IRONCAD DRAFT - System Layers - 20211217.pdf 36.21 kB · 0 downloads

Finding technical information about CAXA Draft is like finding a needle in a haystack.
I have searched the internet countless times to get information about CAXA, asking our Korean distributor in Seoul, and figuring it out through trial and error method.

Your information about CAXA Draft is very helpful and well done.

CAXA Draft is still buggy and not very well improved, but it's bitter sweet in its own way.

Thank very much. Malcolm.

Thanks tgjang,

I share because there aren't useful resources available for CAXA, and there is very limited understanding within the IRONCAD Community. Even though CAXA offers a lot more for users than IRONCAD DRAWING (ICD) ever could. CAXA has so much potential in the CAD market, but IRONCAD appears blind to it; so development resources have been used elsewhere.

Malcolm

• Like 1