CAXA Extra sheets with frame and title block

emil.rindell

I'm wondering a little about the workflow when adding extra sheets in CAXA. I know how to insert more sheet's but when it comes to import the frame to the second sheet. It works with CTRL+C and CTRL+V but I'm guessing there is better options. So in this case I've created a new drawing based on our template SM_A4L. Creating a new sheet and using Import Frame:

First question

Why is only one frame available, but I have loads of files within the template folder? Should not all be available:

image.thumb.png.ff22de77c5a9445651b18d86c0fa9496.png

Second question:

So I choose the only available template, then hit ok it is added with a Paper Scale of 1:100? The first sheet was created with Paper Scale 1:1:

image.png.4a0b155d00dfd37355abf91f437990f7.png

Sheet 2:

image.png.549a6eedfeee611aa3ead575a076c384.png

What is the proper workflow for this? What am I doing wrong?

Hi Emil,

Regarding question 1, CAXA will only list Drawing Frames that are applicable to the "Sheet Size" and "Sheet Orientation" selected within "Paper Settings". Because of this, before defining a new "Drawing Frame", it's important that the correct "Sheet Settings" are set, as these settings are going to be associated with the new "Drawing Frame" that you are about to define. This is covered in a previous post (linked below). There is other content within that post that also might be helpful.

When setting up a new sheet I suggest using "Paper Settings" rather than using the direct "Import Frame" and "Import Title Block" tools. These direct tools are good if you know that the Paper Settings are already correct.

Malcolm

• Like 1

Hi Emil,

Regarding question 2, about the "Paper Scale" being set to 1:100 after importing the "Drawing Frame", I haven't seen this before. But it may be because the Paper Scale (within Paper Settings) was set to 1:100 when that particular "Drawing Frame" was originally defined.

Malcolm

• Like 1