CAXA PRINT TOOL - Can I export drawings to different files using this tool?

Bertrand Kim

Hi folks,ㅁ

I want to use this tool to print each drawing on its own paper, but for some reason it only prints them all in one file, like a roll of paper from a POS machine. Even after finding and watching Kevin's old videos, I still can't figure out what the heck I did wrong.

\

Oh...I just realized this while writing the post, is this how you use it? It's a little complicated...

ㄱim

Hi Kim,

What you're seeing is the output for a Roll-Fed printer (where the sheets are cut after printing). The "Print Tool" in CAXA can also create the individual sheets (layouts) as separate PDFs or combine the individual sheets into a single PDF; but there can be limitations based on the PDF printer being used. I use PDF24 for this purpose, as demonstrated in the following post. Follow carefully the steps I use in the video.

In your case, when "Inserting File(s)", ensure that the "TypeSet" option is not selected. This option relates to Roll-Fed printing. See the attached image.

Malcolm

CAXA 2023 - Print Tool - Insert File - TypeSet.png

Edited by Malcolm Crowe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Malcolm,

That's a perfect solution.