Question. When saving, construct the filename.

tgjang

Hi

We are developing a PLM system and would like to combine the IronCAD File name with "Part Number ; Part Name".
If the part number does not include a delimiter such as ";", the part number cannot be distinguished from the file name.
I would like to know how to put ";" between Part Number and Part Name.

Thanks

partname.png

Edited by tgjang

• tgjang changed the title to Question. When saving, construct the filename.

If this feature is not available, I would like to ask for an enhancement. Spacing alone is not intuitive. I want to pu "-"sd like ICM does :rolleyes:

Hi Cary,

Is it possu le i serting - or _?

Kim

See my folder

Screenshot_20230217_001214_Dropbox.thumb.jpg.06a6d23135e0dfe5da0cd402c99b6d0c.jpg

Me do not want to use spaces as delimiters :D

Kim

In my case, what ICM's Export Unfolded Parts provides is more than enough. With out Spacing

image.png.2d6c4abe6e9abbbb2cd2109c99412499.png

Thanks Cary for reply.

Windows OS does not allow many characters, as Cary suggests.
These characters are usually not appropriate as a delimiter between CAD Part Number and Part Name, as they are often used in drawing BOMs, such as "x" in "5x6x10" or "SHEET_LEFT" or "SHEET-05".
In the PLM system, it can be managed only by dividing it into Dilimiter with letters that are not often written in the drawing. Therefore, the ";" character is most appropriate.

To cover Kim's opinion, IronCAD allow the user to enter the character he wants directly into the Text Field.

Thanks.

Part Name Delimiter-1.png

part number.png

File Name -2.png

Edited by tgjang

Cary, you can have a look at Color separator for Tree Items Ticket #3552, which includes three other ER's for the tree item display.

Add Tree Item Display separator - Incident # 103454. (has no ticket ID #) - what is being discussed in this post.
Wants tree display option to show also as part name tooltip - Incident # 104027. (Ticket #1348)
Items inside Patterns doesn't make use of Tree Item Display Type - Incident ID#: 108363. (Ticket #3483)

I also think these tickets are related and worth looking at;

Choose tree item display type - affect the search result in the search tab - Incident # 110494. (Ticket #4758)

Filter by color in Scene Browser - Incident # 113335. (Ticket #7130 - similar to #3552)

• Like 1