Importing STP files - a trap for the uninitiated

HDEAR

Hi all,

First of all, hats off to Kevin for giving me the clues to sort an importing STP file problem out.

Some of you may already know this but when you update IC ( say form 2022 to 2023 ), some of the import settings for STP and similar files may have changed from your previous ones.

One setting that was ticked and completely threw us was found when going into the 'Menu-->Import options' shown below = "If multi body import it as structure part". Man, did that cause us some problems when ticked - various parts scattered all over the place!

So just beware of that little gremlin. Once Kevin showed me his import settings, I changed ours to what you see below and this made all the difference between success and failure ( "If multi body import it as structure part" unticked ).

Moral of the story - don't get ticked off by what's ticked on ( or off ) :rolleyes:

image.png.ce2cd61780dd584ec54afe3c54573f10.png

• Thanks 1

Hi Harley,

Im not sure if i have lost my mind or not but i cant find that import options dialog to save my life..

Where on earth does it hide..

I imported a file the other day and i couldn't figure out why it came in as a structured part.

Peter

15 hours ago, Sam W said:

Back to the future! I reported this in the 2023 beta :)

Hilarious :rolleyes:

Been there - done that! I was in a rock band called Deja-Vu - we kept playing songs that we thought we might have played before. :wub: