drawing problem; scale between part and sketch lines are way off

Guest Ken Machinist

Guest Ken Machinist

Hello,

This is my first time posting to the forum so I'm sorry if this isn't the sub-forum for this kind of request, but I was hoping I could get some help fixing an issue I've always had with IronCAD drawings. When I use the Sketch tools (Two-point line, Polyline, Arc by center-and-two-endpoints) and then use the smart dimension tools to label the distance between these lines, the measurements of these sketch lines are way different than the measurements of the part itself. Below is an example:

Capture_01.24.23.PNG

As you can see, somehow, the offset lines measure as further apart than the part itself?! How do I make the Sketched lines measurements use the same scale?

Any tips much appreciated!
Ken Machinist

Guest Ken Machinist

Is there a site I can upload the image to convert it into a functional URL? I tried using Discord the first two times but it seems that didn't work, and when I went to an image hosting website this forum didn't allow me to use it's URL. Sorry that this problem seems to be compounding more problems, I've never done forum stuff and am having a really tough time figuring it all out!