When I copy an assembly and paste it, it makes the copy in the assembly

WAENGENEND

We don't have a setting for the copy/paste, but we do have a change of behavior for Drag and Drop: Under Tools/Options/Interaction, located and turn off "Drop assembly/part into selected assembly". This will always drop at the top level. We could place an ER to have an option for Paste for this type of operation. 

Strange behaviour!

ctrl V  should simply copy on place and item (not into item)

It feels wrong ....and this will be the reason for dicussions.;)

...so UPDATE is welcome.

Edited by cborer

I think the behavior is dependent on what you are doing. For example: If I'm under an Assembly and copy a part and I want another one of those parts in that assembly. I would like to paste under that assembly. Not at the top of the scene where I have to then move it in the scene browser down to where it should be. Other cases, you may want it at the top of the scene. The behavior in IronCAD has been this way from the beginning. If you want it at the top, deselect before you paste. Otherwise it is allowing you to move it in the structure based on what is selected (like moving a part from one assembly to another). 

Yes we can add another option but sometime there are really too many options when a simple click to deselect will work :).

I have to paste something to the assembly every second, it is very handy function. This is a very frequent to use function for me. All you have to do is remember how it works.

1. Ctrl c or x then v go to in the selected assembly.

2. It is may remember the anchor position.

K8M