CAXA - centre-line extension dimensions on slots

HDEAR

Hi all,

Is there any easy way to get centre-line dimensions on slots whereby the actual centre of the slot has extension-lines in both directions? ( I've drawn the centre of the vertical dimension in in yellow to demonstrate.

If I use 'mid-point' when dimensioning, it's very 'hit and miss' in terms of accuracy. On one slot every time I've dimensioned from the mid point of the edge, to the edges of the sheet to define its position, I get a different measurement - out by .1mm every time.

Harley

image.png.60e3d98b453d853c75c2dc09a00c2c6b.png

image.png.cd3373754a5003faad040366b3ea93f6.png

Edited by HDEAR

Hi Harley,

The difference in dimension values could be to do with the "Dimension Precision" that is being applied to the dimension; where sometimes CAXA might be rounding up and other times it might be rounding down. This is demonstrated in the attached video. However, while preparing this video I discovered that the "Midpoint" Object Snap isn't working correctly if selected from the Object Snap Menu (when you press space bar key). However, if you use the keyboard shortcut "M" for selecting the midpoint, then this works fine. So, there is also a bug.

Malcolm

. However, while preparing this video I discovered that the "Midpoint" Object Snap isn't working correctly if selected from the Object Snap Menu (when you press space bar key). However, if you use the keyboard shortcut "M" for selecting the midpoint, then this works fine. So, there is also a bug.

Thanks Malcolm, that fixed it. I didn't know that pressing M by itself did that. There's more for me to learn about CAXA keyboard short-cuts obviously! B) 

Harley

• Like 1