ICMech - Templates for DXF - where to find them and how to alter

HDEAR

Hi all,

I assume that the templates for the DXF files that are made when using ICPro Uitls 'Export unfolded part' are found in the 'Templates' folder as designated in the IPRO Settings menu, namely C:\Users\Public\Documents\IronCAD Mechanical\Templates\ image.png.2cd164db88389fb6fbb926c6839b6d83.png

However when I look in my computer, I don't see this. The closest to 'Public' I get is Public Documents and certainly it leads to IronCad Mechanical - but NO template folder.

So, how do I find that exact template and is it possible to alter the appearance of the bend lines it creates in DXF/DWG?

What is the exact file name of that template that ICPro uses for 'Export unfolded part' so I can try and find that?

image.thumb.png.ed97c5097fc224dda27c6623c6cc38be.png

Hi Cary,

Indeed it is found there. However the7y are ICD templates and I sues CAXA.

I am actually trying to find out how I change the way ICpro Utils 'Export unfolded parts' formats the files into DXF. 

image.png.715a82ed40fee82ec49c77cbff840cb6.png

Hi Harley,

nice to hear you.

Here are some informations:

1) In your Public folder there is a folder that you can delete. The name is "IronCAD Mechanica". This is a wrong name and it's not used by the application.

2) About the Export Unfolded Part tool, here are the templates used by the application:

ExportFaceDimStyle.ini   This file contains some DXF variables that you can set. As example, it's possible to change the DecimalPlace, the TextHeight, the TextAlignement and other variables related to DXF. This file is used whe you export directly the parts to the DXF.

UnfoldDimStyle.ini  This file is similar to the previous and it's used when you export the parts using an icd file

UnfoldTemplateEmpty.icd  Is the template used to export unfolded parts using the icd file

DXFTemplate.dxf  Is used by the IPROExportCoordinates tool. This is a standard DXF file that can be modified for the customer purposed. We use it when the coordinates get from the model are to be exported in DXF.

I hope this make sense to you

Have a nice day

M