viewport item no

hEINSTEIN

Hi @Malcolm, I hope you are doing good.

I have setup my drawings in CAXA, the way my client wants the drawings, is to have all the views in model space @ scale 1:1.

And then create viewports in the paper space, my question is. How die I generate Item no's?

It seems that the generate item no. does not place item no's in the paperspace.

What is the proper workflow for me to get this to work?

Thank you

Hi Heinrich,

Within CAXA DRAFT the Item Numbers are associated with the BOM and Generated View within that particular tab (model or layout). If your Generated View is in Model Space but your BOM is in Layout Space then the Item Numbers won't work (as you have discovered). There are different work-arounds, but in the attached video I demonstrate one (others may choose to demonstrate other methods). This involves adding a hidden BOM within Model Space (where the Generated View is) and then adding the Item Numbers within Model Space also. The Paper Scale within Paper Settings is then used to scale the annotations within Model Space so that they appear at the correct scale in the Viewport within Layout Space.

Malcolm

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi malcom

I have tried this method by putting the BOM first on Paper Space as according to video which works fine but now if I put the BOM on model space it does rearrange the BOM differently 

were item numbers are deferent, How do we arrange that all item numbers are the same in Paper space & Model space.

Please Help

BOM IN MODEL SPACE.PNG

BOM IN PAPER SPACE.PNG

Hi Ramogale,

Attached is an updated 10 minute video with audio (explaining what I'm doing). Around the 7 minute mark there is information regarding merging (if necessary) and reordering of the BOMs to ensure that the Model and Layout versions are the same. Within the "Fill in BOM" dialog box there are tools for reordering (merging, hiding, etc...)

The other thing to be aware of is an option (at the bottom left of the screen) when using the Item Number tool. Be sure that this is set to "Don't Reorder BOM". CAXA should then remember your selection next time. If this option isn't selected CAXA will reorder the BOM based on the order that you place the Item Numbers.

Malcolm

CAXA - BOM - Don't Reorder BOM.png