Animation and Simulation

I have a design I am working on (see Picture). In the picture you will see a belt conveyor that is rotating counter clockwise. On the conveyor is a pin. The green and blue items are fixed and so is the slat. Please note that the pin can travel under the green object without any interference. What I want to know is whether or not IronCad can perform a simulation showing how the free pin would move as the belt is turned. That is, will the pin hit the blue object and slide to the side and then down into the chute area where the pin would continue off of the belt. And if the end of the pin hits the top side of the slat would it show the  pin sliding up it until the end of the pin leaves the belt and the pin drops down due to gravity. Can IC do that or does it take another software program?

Regards.

760860176_conveyorSimulation.thumb.jpg.c56a44058c0db172c022916c19ff72ac.jpg

Multiphysics has a ton of trouble allowing two objects to collide or interact. I have tried step sizes down to .005 and the collision is still ignored. You may want to start looking elsewhere for this application. If you could get it to work in MPIC, it would take a ton of time to run something like this. I mean, a lot a lot a lot of time. Your computer would almost certainly run out of memory before the simulation was fully sorted. I hope I'm wrong, but good luck!

-Spencer

9 minutes ago, IronKevin said:

We have another partner program that might be better for this task:

SimWise Motion (https://www.design-simulation.com/simwise4d/swmotion.php

I messed with SimWise Motion two versions ago and I was very impressed with its capabilities. I have done several simulations using it, but never a dynamically moving belt. That would be really cool if you got that working, please keep us updated, Thanks.

-Spencer

4 hours ago, tlehnhaeuser said:

Yes, I would be curious to if Simwise or MPIC can do it as well. My assumption is that maybe Blender might be able to do this since it has many physics based tools, but not 100% certain. Only problem with Blender is a HUGE learning curve.

tom

I was actually going to mention blender because once you learn it, this kind of thing is no problem. But like you said, huge learning curve. If you go to the forum gallery I have posted several physics animations using blender that you can check out and see if you are interested. The only issue is that if it is to actually check the outcome of the simulation, it may not be 100% accurate due to the software being for artists more than scientists. 

Edit: It's worth noting that all of those simulations were first modeled in IC before being exported to .OBJ for blender import.

-Spencer

Edited by SSIMMONS
Additional Information

Hello All:

Sorry for the delay (business comes first).  I had discussions with SimWise and they guarantee their software will do what I need. To that end they have given me a 14 day free trial which I installed. My understanding is that IC has a specific translator between itself and SimWise like they do with Rhino. I just have to find and add it  in to my IC.

Regards.