Missing windows,

bmckelvie

Hello,  I had to take my IronCad laptop on the road with me.   So I do not have my multi monitor setup with me.   Problem is now all my sub menus open on the now non existent monitor and I can not get them back.

I have tried cascade all windows, changing resolution.  changing the connected monitor settings, using ctl shift M and arrow keys.  Nothing seems to find the menus.   So my ironcad is completely unusable right now.

Any one else have this, and figured out a way to get everything back on one monitor, and a way to keep everything on one monitor.

Brent

If you want to move a window to a display located to the left of your current display, press Windows + Shift + Left Arrow.

If you want to move a window to a display located to the right of your current display, press Windows + Shift + Right Arrow.

One thing you can do is to delete the App Data customization folder and it will reset (or back it up so you can restore it when you return to the office). Close IronCAD. Go to %AppData% which will take you to C:\Users\*currentuser*\AppData\Roaming\. Drill down to IronCAD\IRONCAD\24.0\en-us and rename the customization folder (if you want to return to this later). Start IronCAD and it will create a default UI set on your single monitor. When you get back to your dual monitor setup, just delete the customization folder and rename the original back.

Cary

Thanks everyone, I tried everything in order of how they were written here.   Kevin's suggestion finally got it. 

Can we add this as a bug that needs fixing? Yes I can go though regedit every time I unplug my external monitor but that is really not a great long term solution.  Regedit can really mess up a computer if you delete the wrong entry. 

Thanks again,

Brent

On 12/2/2021 at 3:12 AM, SSIMMONS said:

If you want to move a window to a display located to the left of your current display, press Windows + Shift + Left Arrow.

If you want to move a window to a display located to the right of your current display, press Windows + Shift + Right Arrow.

Well, how about that! Awesome advice, I never knew that :) Thanks Spencer.