Can't open x_ref from assambly

Tomas-Nor

Hi,

I am having trouble opening x-ref files from my main assambly.
It will just start loading.2131802502_Factoryloading.thumb.jpg.5d5370ea097e6bf63e304386325ceeb1.jpg

How ever, when i press the keyboard shortcut for a view, like L. the part will open.
But I cant use the mouse to select the part in the sceen.  
I can select part in the sceen tree but not in the sceen. 

Have any of you experienced this??

conveiour selection.jpg

Edited by Tomas-Nor

This will usually happen when you load a large structure or assembly with many externally linked parts. It is typically not an error when it happens to me, it just is taking a long time to load due to the huge size and the amount of files it has to independently load that belong to the assembly. After a couple minutes it will allow me to interact with parts like usual, but while i wait it still allows me to orbit the camera and all that. 

-Spencer

To me, this sounds like a graphics issue with the ICS file or a perhaps even a graphics card (driver) issue, in case you see it on multiple files? Sending it to support will help for sure, but if others have similar issues it might be good to run through some of these things:

You can try to run the Recreate Display function under the Tools ribbon tab, to reset the graphical cache data of the ICS file.

bild.png.8bf0b5bd0149a08d992a67715421d8b4.png

You should try switching between the rendering engines under the Options, Rendering settings:

bild.png.8b32a24135693647452442e3c291c960.png

bild.png.aad665f814e9a4239fac401ffd97b49c.png

Also, check the driver version for you graphics card and see if you can update it.

You could also try to copy all data (select all models in the tree and do a [Ctrl] [C]) and paste them ([Ctrl] [V]) into a brand new "fresh" ICS file and then just save it over the original (keeping the same file name, but remember to close that file first!). One can also use a Catalog to "jump" over - drop the assembly there and drop it into another file. Maybe the original ICS file is corrupt in some way, making it hard to restore the graphical data. In a way, the ICS file can be compared with a ZIP file and can contain all kind of sorts of data (not that you would want to use it as a ZIP file...).

Spencer, I think what you are using is the Visual Load function, which will load the HOOPS graphics data of the ICS file pretty quickly (enabling the camera tools) while the geometrical data for each model takes longer time to read in (models cannot be selected etc until then).

I don't know if it really gives the feeling that the file loads quicker? But it's an option and some like it, some don't. You find it under the Options, Performance:

bild.png.38c333410e303e8f9992a1ff3afc893f.png

• Like 1