Loft question

LEE MENG CHE

Guide curves are used on the endpoint of the profiles between each profile. It will not work with that for loft or a surface sweep I don't believe.

However, you could just drop out the Ellipsoid shape from the Shapes Catalog and snap it to that size and cut the area off to get the desired shape.

image.png

14 hours ago, Cary OConnor said:

Guide curves are used on the endpoint of the profiles between each profile. It will not work with that for loft or a surface sweep I don't believe.

However, you could just drop out the Ellipsoid shape from the Shapes Catalog and snap it to that size and cut the area off to get the desired shape.

image.png

Hi , Cary

That's indeed a method to do this , in fact , I learned drawing from another cad with youtube , I followed the video and it did loft process is successful , so I follow the step with that video , but I failed , but it's ok , I will try the method you suggestion , thank you .

Have you tried switching to ACIS as geometry kernel? Loft is one of the things that behave very different between Parasolid and ACIS

BTW: I would definitely recommend using structured part mode for that type of part.

Edited by GNÄSLUND

On 10/22/2021 at 2:07 PM, GNÄSLUND said:

One of the benefits with structured parts mode for this part is that the sketches can be connected to each other so that the model can be easily updated afterwards

Hi , @GNÄSLUND

Thanks for your video , the structured mode is a great method to do this problem , I will try it .