attachment point

TBoom

You can try to use the Attachment point property page and the use of the Show Formulas to add parameters in the fields. See below.

image.png

However, it maybe easier to add the attachment point to an intellishape feature then parametrically control the feature (the attachment will move with the feature in that case. You can even use a sketch for that purpose (put a point on the sketch and add an attachment to the point).

the problem is i want to drive my model in 2 direction using 1 attachement. the 1st drawer has to snap in the closet and size to the length. this  is not a problem. The frontpanel has to be resizable in length and width (left, right, down, up) so i can change it depending on the positoning of the closet. then i want to put in another drawer, and this one has to snap to the front of the previous one, because i always want 3mm between my frontpanels. but it also has to be aligned with the other drawer. because my frontpanel isn't always centered on the drawer I can't align my attachmentpoint to the center of the panel.

Testfile Drawer.ics

Hi,

Attached is a video demonstrating a Part (Parallel Flange Channel) in which we are driving the position and orientation of the 6 Attachment Points using Parameters, rather than locking to geometry. We do this for a lot of standard components that we use, where we need greater control than is possible if we lock them APs to geometry. However, there is a lot more work involved in setting these up.

"Structured Part" mode is also really useful regarding positioning of Attachment Points, as you can use multiple bodies (including surfaces) within the part for locking APs. We do this for "Layout Sketches" that are driving assemblies.

Malcolm

Hi Malcom, that looks very interesting! 

12 hours ago, Malcolm Crowe said:

Hi,

Attached is a video demonstrating a Part (Parallel Flange Channel) in which we are driving the position and orientation of the 6 Attachment Points using Parameters, rather than locking to geometry. We do this for a lot of standard components that we use, where we need greater control than is possible if we lock them APs to geometry. However, there is a lot more work involved in setting these up.

"Structured Part" mode is also really useful regarding positioning of Attachment Points, as you can use multiple bodies (including surfaces) within the part for locking APs. We do this for "Layout Sketches" that are driving assemblies.

Malcolm

This looks very interesting Malcolm. any change to send my the file to investigate it for myself?

I'm not willing to share these intelligent part files, as too much blood, sweat and tears have gone into working out how to achieve the considerable functionality that we've achieved. However, I've attached images of the Parameters specifically relating to Positioning of the Attachment Points and Anchor. The expressions shown are very complex because of the functionality that we wanted to achieve. However, your expressions can be as simple as you want (or need).

Malcolm

IRONCAD - Attachment Points - Positioning Parameters - End.PNG

IRONCAD - Attachment Points - Positioning Parameters - Side 0.PNG

IRONCAD - Attachment Points - Positioning Parameters - Side 90.PNG

IRONCAD - Attachment Points - Positioning Parameters - Side 180.PNG

IRONCAD - Attachment Points - Positioning Parameters - Side 270.PNG

IRONCAD - Attachment Points - Positioning Parameters - Start.PNG

IRONCAD - Attachment Points - Positioning Parameters.PNG