2D Sketch - How to Set the 2D Sketch Extents (Zoom Level)

Malcolm Crowe

When creating small sketches it's preferable to start with smaller Sketch "Extents", whereas when creating large sketches it is preferable to start with larger Sketch "Extents". Are there settings somewhere that allow users to set the "Extents" of the Sketch when created (rather than having to zoom in and out after creating)?

Note that I'm not referring to the "Grid" (I know how to control this).

Malcolm

2D Sketch - How to Set the 2D Sketch Extents.PNG

Edited by Malcolm Crowe

Based on my own testing (in trying to understand this), it appears to me that the 2D Sketch adopts the same or similar zoom level as the 3D Scene. If the scene is empty, then it is helpful to have a "Plane" displayed and the zoom level "Fit Scene" used. This is the default for all of our Scene Templates. We also have the Grid within our 2D Sketches set to the same as the Grid of the Planes of our Global Coordinate System. See the attached video.

As a result, some users might find it beneficial to have different Scene Templates set up with different sized "Planes" and "Grids".

Malcolm

Edited by Malcolm Crowe

• Malcolm Crowe changed the title to 2D Sketch - How to Set the 2D Sketch Extents (Zoom Level)