3D Printer - update

HDEAR

Hi all,

Some of you will recall a post I made about 2 mths ago asking about 3D printers.

Well, I always reckoned a man should be born carrying a chain saw in one hand and a Tig Welder in the other. They're such essential parts of being 'a bloke'

Now I have to modify that and say "along with a 3D printer tied around his waist"

After lots of sound advice, especially from Tom here, I opted to go for a smaller home-sized machine to teeth on and once I have that mastered, move onto production sized machine/s.

I got the Prusa MK3S+ from Czech Republic as a kit. Top quality stuff, superb assembly instructions and already I am printing some interesting stuff. The machine took my 'Rocket Scientist' son and I over 9 hrs to assemble and he already has one of his own he assembled last year.

I've made peace with The War Office and put to rest the question "Wow, $1500.00, that's a lot for a little toy - hope you use it and it just doesn't sit around cluttering up our house" I made her 4 special brackets that you simply couldn't buy anywhere for her quilting frame projects, so now that question is now L O N G forgotten! :)

Currently I am printing a model of an emergency chlorine gas scrubbing system for a conference and it's going well. I've also designed and printed some parts that we can't buy any longer.

IronCad is perfect for design and drawing up the 3D models and the Export Part to STL works seamlessly.

I couldn't be a happier camper at the moment.

So, the old story, "if I can make this work, so can you" so go get one if you haven't got one already and don't buy the cheap chinese ones - get quality.

Cheers - Harley

IMG_2341.JPG

• Like 1