Envelope Requirement for Smart Dimension with ISO Tolerance

To place an Envelope Requirement on a diameter or linear dimension with an ISO-tolerance, you can use a certain shortcut key sequence to create the symbol as a postfix of the dimension text.

bild.png.76b962e8e3e312826a1892753d621ceb.png

Depending on your localization of Windows (language) there might be two optional ways of doing this in IRONCAD. One of these two (or both) ways should be working;

• Go to the postfix and type 24BA. Select the text string and click [Alt]+[x] and it will convert the "24BA" text to a circled E.
  • Go to the postfix and hold down the [Alt] key while typing [9] [4] [0] [2] "in sequence" on the numerical key pad and a circled E will be created.

bild.png.4a1ecfa64d21b3ebd6eb5a3dc152b1c9.png

See this list for a list of other fonts similar http://www.alanwood.net/unicode/enclosed_alphanumerics.html

Also remember to place all special symbols in the Custom Strings library, for easy reuse whenever needed!

bild.png.7434d460372e5841e22549c4a98d61f0.png

Go to Menu > Edit > Styles > User Defined Strings

bild.png.5734965bde1aa40edbd518aaf98d4e1e.png

Type the character shortcut key command (or whatever text string you'd like) and use the Add > button to add it to the list of custom text strings.

For me, I had to change to the font named Segoe UI Symbol first and use the the [Alt] key while typing [9] [4] [0] [2] num pad function, because using the Arial font just showed me the wrong symbol.

bild.png.4cec28fc3b0fb8d4ff100618e9d6221a.png

Edited by Jonas@Solidmakarna
  • Like 4